Saturday, October 18, 2014

Informational Text Foldable Graphic Organizers!

For the past few weeks I have been using foldable graphic organizers with my students. They LOVE foldables! This main topic foldable can be found in my Foldable Graphic Organizers Pack. The students have worked hard on their folding and cutting skills and they are no longer producing foldables  that do not close, or foldables that have been cut in half! These foldables allow students to show their thinking through writing and drawing, while providing a hands-on component. Most of our foldables are completed whole class with clipboards on the carpet. My students are almost ready to try them independently!

Here are a few examples of student foldables with an informational story about nocturnal animals. 

 Be sure to check out the other foldables found in this pack at my TpT store! I have aligned all of the foldables with first grade Common Core standards for informational text  and literature.
Foldable Graphic Organizers for Informational text and Literature

Happy teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment