Sunday, November 19, 2017

Full STEAM Ahead!

There have been many changes in my world recently and I couldn't be happier about the excitement the last few months has had in store for me. This summer I relocated from Northern California to sunny Southern California. I am absolutely LOVING life down here by the beach.

Along with a new city comes a new school! I was extremely fortunate to be hired by an innovative district in full support of their teachers and classroom creativity. I was hired at a STEAM school and I have been having so much fun implementing science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics  as much as possible.

While I have had lots of experience teaching the little ones I am currently experiencing life teaching intermediate students as a fourth and fifth grade combination teacher!

I can't wait to share some of the amazing projects the students have been working on.

First, take a peek into my classroom... Working with older kids has allowed me to embrace topics of their interest level. I decided to use emojis and hashtags as a component of my classroom. Check out the pics below!



 I am a lover of flexible seating and with my fourth and fifth graders is looks a little different than it did for my first graders... A post on flexible seating with older kids will be coming soon!





 Below I have some of our bulletin boards... more information about each project will be coming soon!


 Red Ribbon Week Door- My students used their digital art skills to transform themselves into superheroes!

 Self Portrait Acrylic Quilt

Electrical Circuit LED Art

Stay tuned for posts about our STEAM activities, flexible seating, and more!


1 comment:

  1. Hello! Can you tell me where you got the large posters abovve your Growth Mindset board? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete